Are Harry and Meghan using Platinum Anniversary for their Netflix project?

Updated on 05/09/2022, 00:00

  • In June, Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan will travel to the UK for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
  • Concerns are now being raised in the palace that the Sussexes could use the stay for their Netflix project.

More nobility news can be found here

Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan will travel to the UK from their adopted home in California with their children, Archie, three, and Lilibet, 11 months, for Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations in early June . The Sussexes announced it on Friday.

This would be a first step towards reconciliation. Meanwhile, there are growing fears that the conversations the emigrant couple will have with senior royals at Harry’s former home could be used as material for the two’s Netflix documentaries. Harry’s brother Prince William, in particular, is said to be “concerned” about it, as reported by The Sun.

“William wants to talk to Harry and try to bridge the gap between them, but he’s afraid it’s on Netflix, on Oprah [US-Talkerin, Red.] or appearing in Harry’s next book,” the source continued.

The two brothers and Queen’s grandchildren were last seen in July 2021 at the unveiling of a statue at Kensington Palace honoring their mother, Princess Diana (1961-1997). At the time, sources claimed Prince William was “angry” and didn’t want to attend the event after Oprah Winfrey’s interview of Harry and Meghan in March 2021, during which they made dramatic statements about the royal family.

Councilors want films banned in the palace

Palace officials are also said to be concerned that the attention of a Netflix film crew accompanying Harry and Meghan as part of their multi-million dollar deal with the streaming giant could distract from the anniversary celebrations.

The consultants reportedly wanted to prevent the Netflix team from filming the anniversary events at Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle. They don’t want the celebrations to be ‘exploited’ by the production team after the pair signed the £112million deal in September 2020.

However, the film crew could blend in with the crowd and accompany the couple while they are in the VIP areas at public anniversary events.

Will Meghan be the “center” of the platinum birthday?

On Friday, royal experts warned Harry and Meghan’s return to the UK could become the “focus” of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. Royal biographer Tom Bower told Mail Online on Friday: “They have been forced to accept a downgraded role – along with all the other VIPs – but they are obviously keen not to be left out. If the palace is not very cautious, the Sussexes will use the celebrations to their advantage,” he said.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who are no longer in royal service at their own request, will not be able to join the Queen on the balcony of Buckingham Palace to attend the Trooping the Color Parade on June 2. However, you will attend some events over the weekend.
© 1&1 Mail & Media/spot on news


In 2020, Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan stepped down from their royal duties, since then the two have been doing their own thing. The problem: It doesn’t work professionally.

Leave a Comment