Android Auto is getting a new update. This brings a number of improvements to the app. Here’s what users can expect now.
A new version of Android Auto is now available. Just a few weeks after the Android Auto 7.5 update and a few days after the beta, Android Auto 7.6 is now available for download on the Google Play Store.
However, this update is not yet the planned complete overhaul of the app, codenamed Coolwalk, which features a reconfigured user interface. Android Auto 7.6 is slowly rolling out through the Google Play Store, and not everyone should get the update right away.
Update for Android Auto: that changes
The current changelog looks like this:
- [Auto] Google Assistant calls are forwarded to the phone speaker. The Google Assistant team has found a solution to this problem. (15/04/2022)
- [Assistant] Assistant requests result in a “something went wrong” response – The Assistant team has fixed this issue. Please update your Google app to the latest version.
- [Auto] Music stutters over Bluetooth or Wifi when connected to Android Auto – The Samsung team has taken care of this issue. (01/25/2022)
- [Assistant] Spotify stopped working with voice commands – Spotify team took care of this issue. (01/22/2022)
- [Oppo] Android Auto crashes when Oppo phone is locked – Oppo team took care of this issue. (23/11/2021)
- [Xiaomi] Phone lags after disconnecting Android Auto (23/11/2021)
- [Auto] Android Auto shows your home weather instead of your current location – The Android Auto team fixed this issue. (02/09/2021)
- [Assistent] The assistant reads the message in another language: the Android Auto team is investigating this problem.
- [Auto] Samsung S22 shows black screen when docked – Android Auto team is investigating this issue.
- [Auto] Samsung S22 connection issue – The Android Auto team is investigating this issue.
- [Auto] Android Auto disconnects when using Pixel 6/pro – The Android Auto team is investigating this issue.
- [Auto] Connection issue after Android 12 update – The Android Auto team is investigating this issue.
The original of this article first appeared on Schmidti’s blog and has been supplemented by CHIP authors with further information.
Shop recommendation for navigation systems
Offer from BestCheck.de | Price including VAT plus postage
Other readers are also interested in: